Frostfire Bolt "Slightly Buff"

Everything about classes, gear differences, broken spells everything that not belong to a report or suggestion can be posted in here.
Sofiee

Frostfire Bolt "Slightly Buff"

Postby Sofiee » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:15 pm

Hey.
After i saw that (Frostfire bolt) got a "slighty buff" on the class changelog so i thought "yes finally a buff for mages", i went on and played for 1 day and i didn't notice a difference on my dmg with (Frostfire bolt) so i thought i would take a look through my ss folder cause i knew i had been testing (Frostfire bolt) before when (Blizzard) got nerfed with (Ice Lance).

this is that SS: Image

So after that i thought i would go to the same area to test the current (Frostfire bolt) after the "Slightly buff" that was made to find out the how much it was buffed with in %.

Here is that SS: Image

I did some calculations, my base dmg of the spell is for my character is (3810839) and on the first SS you can clearly see that my base dmg at that time was (3808502) which means, if you take (3808502 x 0.0006 = 2285) and if you take that and go (3808502 + 2285 = 3810787) Which is the current base dmg after the "slighty buff" and that means that the spell (Frostfire bolt) was buffed by (0.06%).

what i wanna know is why even buff the spell by 0.06% i don't get the point of that why not let it be like it was before cause 2285 in dmg is not gonna change anything, it just makes no sense to me.

Danli1989
Head GameMaster
ingame_character: Maramage

Re: Frostfire Bolt "Slightly Buff"

Postby Danli1989 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:32 am

Well technically It's still a small buff then just saying, and it was more to buff arcane aspect aswell since that was pretty low damage wise and that now hits a reasonable amount with 4 charges of arcane blast then arcane barrage after I am liking the change.

Sofiee

Postby Sofiee » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:57 pm

as a mage you do not use (arcane blast) espacially not to get 4 charges cause if you do that, you'll miss so much more dmg in the process. but barrage and missiles seems good.

Sofiee

Postby Sofiee » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:18 am

+1?

Fauxshaux
Co-Owner
ingame_character: Fauxshaux

Postby Fauxshaux » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:56 am

Greetings Sofiee,

Please do not bump old threads, we are aware of this "slight buffing" issue and it will be reviewed later, along with many other class spells, talents and abilities. Thank you for your report nonetheless.

Regards,
Co-Owner & Head Developer,
Fauxshaux

Topic Locked.
"To ask why we fight... ... is to ask why the leaves fall. -Chen Stormstout"

Return to “Class Discussions”