Tyleiron GM Application

If you think you could be a good addition to our staff team, and would like to work more in-depth with our community. Please post an application here.
NOTE: Please be aware, that we do not hire players under 16 years of age.
ingame_character: Tyleiron

Tyleiron GM Application

Postby Tyleiron » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:44 am

1) Why are you applying for Gamemaster?
I have played on Thorium since the beginning and I want to help the community in a different way.

2) What is your first and last name and In-game character names [Names that players would most know you by]?
Andrew Gipson
Tyleiron or Shlidd

3) How long have you currently been with us on Thorium? (Character time will be checked)
I haven't played much recently but I used to play back in 2015 (I have screenshots to prove)
4) What is your timezone and country?
CST and US
5) How many hours do you spend In-game on a day to day basis and how much would you contribute daily as a Gamemaster?
I'm going to commit more time to the server and as a GM i'd be able to commit around 6+ hours.
6) Have you ever been banned on Thorium if so what was the reason and how long was it for? *HACKING AND FARMING BANS WILL BE INSTANTLY DENIED* No

7) Do you have any previous Gamemaster experience if yes then state the servers and provide screenshots if available and how fluent are you with Trinity Core commands? I've been a GM on more lower end servers that have been shutdown. I only have screenshots from one. im.gur.co.m/a/DwkUr (remove the dots)
I'm fairly fluent with Trinity Core commands and use the Trinity core addon for easier use.

8) Briefly describe yourself within 200 or less words. (Please include your first name and last name, where you live (Country and City), your personal interest, gender and your age) My name is Andrew Gipson, I'm 18 and a male. I live in Panama City, Florida. I'm an avid WoW player for 11 years. I'm looking to go to college for graphical design or coding. But I always have time aside to be able to play or to have fun.

9) Which languages are you fluent in?
-Please state the language and your knowledge level:English
Speaking - Main language
Writing- Main language
Reading-Main language

10) Why do you feel that you would be a good addition to the Thorium WoW staff team?
I'm not biased and love to be able to help the community in any way I can. It's a great server with a great community and I always come back to this server. It's been a great way to pass time and enjoy myself with my friends on some occasion.

Problems Questionnaire

1) You have muted a player for being disrespectful towards a member of Staff or yourself., he then makes a ticket insulting you and threatening after recieving the mute, and keeps making tickets with more insults, what do you do?
I will proceed to ask him to stop and if he continues give him a temporary ban depending on the severity of the insults.
2) A Player makes a ticket asking you to give him items because he is unable to get them himself because of laziness, he then keeps asking for items and when you say no he starts insulting you, how do you respond and what action would you take? I'd again ask him to stop and if he continues mute him and if he starts to make tickets like in the last question, give him a temporary ban depending on the severity of the insults.

3) If a player tells you that a world boss is bugged and is evading all attacks and you don't know how to fix the issue due to not knowing alot of commands, what would you do? I'd test to see if resetting him by pulling him and running away would reset his position. If not I'd try to respawn the boss or move the boss with a mind control or find a command to do so.

4) If you catch someone hacking but you don't have evidence that the player hacked even though you caught him, what would you do? I'd report it to a higher up, or continue to watch the player and record as I do so.

5) Your best friend joins the server and starts asking you for items and keeps asking, what do you do? I'd ask him to stop and that I cannot do that for him. If he continues I would talk to him in other means such as a phone call or discord. If he continued I'd mute him.

Head GameMaster
ingame_character: Rue/Astral

Re: Tyleiron GM Application

Postby Rue » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:59 am

Welcome back, and it's good to see a fellow Floridian here, haha. But it's overall an okay application. I will go ahead and toss my +1 for whenever we are hiring for another GM. But I would also recommend having 3+ Days of /played, just a personal preference.

Temp Staff Manager, Rue

Return to “Staff Recruitment”