Rep/Marcus GM Application

If you think you could be a good addition to our staff team, and would like to work more in-depth with our community. Please post an application here.
NOTE: Please be aware, that we do not hire players under 16 years of age.
nickjbayley1
ingame_character: Repdk

Rep/Marcus GM Application

Postby nickjbayley1 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:16 pm

1) Why are you applying for Gamemaster? I am applying for Gamemaster because I feel that i'd be strong candidate for this position being both fair and firm when it comes to make decisions to make sure the correct outcome happens. I've always wanted to have this role because helping people enjoy a game that I love is great.

2) What is your first and last name and In-game character names [Names that players would most know you by]? I recently changed the name of my DK but either Rep/Repdk people would know me for.

3) How long have you currently been with us on Thorium? (Character time will be checked) I haven't got a huge amount of gametime played but have learnt a lot in the short time on the server but overall about 2 days ( I know it isn't a lot but looking to stay for a good amount of time as it's probably the best server 255level server I've played on.

4) What is your timezone and country? My time zone UTC+1H and I'm from the UK, Milton Keynes to be exact :)

5) How many hours do you spend In-game on a day to day basis and how much would you contribute daily as a Gamemaster? I must spend 4 or 5 hours on a day at this present moment in time and if I became a Game master i'd put roughly the same if not a few hours a night more so likely around 6ish hours a day as I am full time working but I come home and sit on my PC so will be on until late UK time.

6) Have you ever been banned on Thorium if so what was the reason and how long was it for? *HACKING AND FARMING BANS WILL BE INSTANTLY DENIED* I have not been banned on Thorium but did get a 3 day ban on Retail for having a twink level 19 rogue back in wrath called 'Nightraper' I felt it fit very well as I one shot people from behind but others didn't take it as lightly as me.

7) Do you have any previous Gamemaster experience if yes then state the servers and provide screenshots if available and how fluent are you with Trinity Core commands? I am not fluent in these commands really at all apart from briefly reading into them before I went to bed last night after looking at the Application format that you guys wanted. I am a quick learner and can't believe this should effect me much as I can easily crosscheck when and needed and I'm not afraid to ask for a little help with them.

8) Briefly describe yourself within 200 or less words. (Please include your first name and last name, where you live (Country and City), your personal interest, gender and your age) Well..... I am Marcus Bayley, from the UK living in Milton Keynes (South East and yes we have a shit load of roundabouts here) I currently work in retail in a warehouse controlling stock and deliveries. I support Chelsea and a huge fan of football I'd like to start going more but it's way too expensive and fuck that rather spend it on keeping good servers alive and enjoying being on my PC ( Hate going outside ) If there is anything else I've missed just PM me I'm reasonably nice to talk to :D(Mara will vouch for that XD) Oh and I'm 22, 23 in November!

9) Which languages are you fluent in?
-Please state the language and your knowledge level EX: English is my only language :( As this server is World chat English I don't believe it should make any difference at all imo ofc.

WRITING AND READING ENGLISH MUST BE GOOD OR MAIN LANGUAGE: as it is my first language I'll be fine! <3

10) Why do you feel that you would be a good addition to the Thorium WoW staff team? I feel I'd be a good addition to the team because I feel I get along with all the GMs I have met, and enjoy the server a lot, I wouldn't apply if I didn't think I would be good at it or that I didn't feel like I would be a good addition.

Problems Questionnaire

1) You have muted a player for being disrespectful towards a member of Staff or yourself., he then makes a ticket insulting you and threatening after recieving the mute, and keeps making tickets with more insults, what do you do? There is two different things that could be done here depending if it towards myself or a fellow staff member, If it was towards me I'd give him a chance after his mute to apologise for his behaviours and if anything is said it would result in a suspension of whatever was deemed necessary.
If it was towards a staff member I'd consult with him to see if he needs help dealing with the situation because I wouldn't undermine a colleague because I wouldn't want someone to fight my battles unless I couldn't do anything to stop it, because I feel that we would need to stick together here and not make eachother look like dicks by one saying one thing and the other saying something else, communication is key when dealing with situations like these.

2) A Player makes a ticket asking you to give him items because he is unable to get them himself because of laziness, he then keeps asking for items and when you say no he starts insulting you, how do you respond and what action would you take? I would ask him why he felt it was okay to insult me for not making his game easy for him and explain that nobody is carried in game because it reduces the experience gained on the server and if he didn't respond in the way that was correct then I'd take action against 'said' player with a suspension or mute whichever I feel is correct at the time.

3) If a player tells you that a world boss is bugged and is evading all attacks and you don't know how to fix the issue due to not knowing alot of commands, what would you do? I would firstly apologise for the boss not working correctly as it is a issue that may occur occasionally which isn't in our control, I would then ask them to remain patient until I had spoken to someone that was able to help me with the issue, but also would look into correctly it myself if no one was around to help me.
If someone was able to help fix the problem I would ask them to teach me how to do it so that if it happened again in the future I was able to fix the problem there and then without any issues because I believe that's the only way to really learn.

4) If you catch someone hacking but you don't have evidence that the player hacked even though you caught him, what would you do? I would go to a GM of higher authority and ask him to check any logs to see if we could locate any proof and what the plan of action to take to stop hacking on the server because it ruins other peoples experience on the server and could consequent in people leaving the server and this is something I don't want and we don't want as a community on this server.

5) Your best friend joins the server and starts asking you for items and keeps asking, what do you do? I would follow exactly same procedure as question two because favouritism could also cause a collapse in the community and would result in ruining everyone's experience of the server, By all means having your friend join the server but you need to remain professional or don't get into a roll where it could jeopardise your job role.

I hope that I gave enough information for you all, and looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks for reading

Marcus/Rep <3<3

Calypzo
Head GameMaster
ingame_character: Facepalm

Re: Rep/Marcus GM Application

Postby Calypzo » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:41 pm

Good and clean Application. +1 on this!

nickjbayley1
ingame_character: Repdk

Re: Rep/Marcus GM Application

Postby nickjbayley1 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:43 pm